Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Why Washington Loves Syrah


  Image is courtesy of 509 Wine Company
 
  There are days that are just plain awful--it rains, you run late to everything, your day is stressful and to make matters worse, it seems unending.  That is my day today.  However, one small thing can turn your world upside down--a smile, a friendly gesture, a phone call, etc.  Today, that one small thing for me happens to be a taste of a lovely Walla Walla Syrah which inevitably puts a smile on my face. 

  So here it is, 2008--509 Syrah Walla Walla Valley.  Dark cherries, ripe blackberries, toasted oak and sweet figs produce aromas that may leave you smelling this one for much time before proceeding to the palate.  When you do decide to move onto the palate, you notice great mouthfeel in this rich and robust Syrah.  More of those dark cherries, floral vanilla, sweet figs and toasted oak flavors blend together well.  Spicy pepper and sweet figs make for the ultimate spicy and sweet sensation on the finish and will most likely leave you wanting more!  This wine will open up more with time so be sure to decant and taste through out the different stages to see how it changes.

  Like I said before, this is a wine to enjoy after a long day of work.  Kick your shoes off, find a comfy seat and pour yourself a generous glass of this fabulous Syrah--no food necessary.  If you must though, triple cream, semi-hard cheeses and fresh bread would pair perfectly with this wine.  509 Syrah is available here at Seattle Wine Outlet and Greenlake Wines so feel free to come visit myself and the rest of our lovely staff while it's still here!


Ciao!
Erin

(I try to list all the images I use and if possible, the photographers who take these lovely photos.  If I have a photo of yours, please let me know and I will be happy to remove it from the blog.  Thank you).

No comments:

Post a Comment