Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Earthy, Herbaceous Cabernet


Image is courtesy of snooth.com

  When I think about Argentina, I think Malbec.  Just as Cab is to Napa, Zin is to Sonoma, Sauvignon Blanc is to New Zealand, Malbec is to Argentina.  Well, they make other lovely single varietals as well.  Just minutes ago I tried this 2004 Cabernet Sauvignon from Domingo Molina and thought, I need to write about this wine!

  Old world style is prominent in this new world wine.  When you swirl your glass, in my case--like an italian, you notice the deep ruby color and the fact that this is a full bodied wine.  Earthy and herbaceous notes pair nicely with subtle dried cherries and balanced oak on the nose.  As I write so often, this is definitely a wine to savor and continue smelling as long as you please.  Bittersweet chocolate and dried herbs on the palate play nicely with velvety tannins that indicate much time bottle aging.  Toasted oak and more of that earthy, bittersweet chocolate continue to fill your mouth with the finish and you may find yourself raising your glass up as if to say, "More?"  This full bodied Cab from Argentina is a true gem and I hope you get a chance to try it while it's still here at Seattle Wine Outlet and Greenlake Wines.

  Before I leave you, I want to give you some of my ideas for pairing food with this wine.  This Cab would pair nicely with an arugula and roasted beet salad, roasted leg of lamb with rosemary, or your favorite dark chocolate!  Come by and see myself and the rest of our lovely staff here at Seattle Wine Outlet and Greenlake Wines and pick up some earthy, herbaceous Domingo Molina Cab!


  Ciao!
  Erin

(I try to list all the images I use and if possible, the photographers who take these lovely photos.  If I have a photo of yours, please let me know and I will be happy to remove it from the blog.  Thank you).

No comments:

Post a Comment